Saturday, September 8, 2007

Labor leader Kevin Rudd speaks to Chinese President Hu Jintao in Chinese Mandarin

Here is a translation of Kevin Rudd's speech in Chinese Mandarin to Hu Jintao during a lunch dedicated to the Chinese president.

- Translation from Google Translate (BETA). This page has been translated directly from Chinese and therefore may be a bit strange in English.

"President Hu, I speak for my wife and I express to you our personal Welcome, welcome you to our visit to Australia. You and the Chinese friends here in Australia have many, many friends, many real friends, they are very welcome. President Hu, your in our country is our most distinguished guests, and I hope you can rest, we see beautiful places, we see pretty scenery, and our beautiful city.

In the 1980s, I took his wife and daughter and began working in China. My wife and I are right Beijing has a special love. We love Beijing's feelings, we love the people of Beijing, of course, its culture. After 20 years, we in April this year with our youngest daughter to Beijing, and one from Chinese Community married man.

My son was studying in Shanghai's Fudan University. I have a little boy, our youngest child, he was attending high school. He is really very, very naughty, do not like to do his own homework. But he has started learning the Chinese language."

A video of part of the speech can be found at http://media.theage.com.au/?rid=31424.

No comments: