Saturday, October 20, 2007

History Excursion

We have just went on a History excursion in the city.

Our first destination was the City Museum at the Old Treasury building. This is where they used to store gold, and it's also the Governer of Victoria's office.

We then went to McDonalds, where many people didn't realize it was 'morning tea' and bought meals. My friend Jeff bought a double quarter pounder meal. I ate the 'daily essentials', an apple and banana.

Our next destination was the Eureka Tower Observation Deck, also known as 'Skydeck'. This is one of the tallest buildings in Victoria and from the top, we could see thousands of cars, houses and structures. There is also a section called 'The Edge', where you are suspended in a see-through cube 300 metres above the ground.



We then went into the centre of the city to buy lunch. Most of my friends went to Subway, one of my friends went to KFC and I went into McDonalds. I bought my favourite Filet-O-Fish burgers. McDonalds has improved this burger considerably, and it has extremely low saturated fat.

We travelled to Kino Cinema to see the movie 'Rabbit-Proof Fence' (2002), which is an emotional story depicting the 'Stolen Generation' involving several young mixed-race Aboriginal girls walking several thousands kilometres to escape from a mission (Moore River) back to their family in Jigalong.

We were dismissed from the cinema and I was able to make to the train station after a tough journey.

No comments: